Our Core Values:
To be and become a “Great Commandment” and “Great Commission” Church, we will:
Reach upward (to God)
Reach inward (for our own spiritual growth and development) and
Reach outward (for fellowship and ministry with others)
Upward: Because we are called to “love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength,” we will:
- Honor God in all we do, in the words we speak, the decisions we make and the actions we take;
- Worship God, in thought, word, and in deed, both as individuals, and as a community of faith.
- Learn God’s Word to discover God’s great love for each of us and for all people and to discern God’s singular purpose for our lives and for the world.
Inward: Because we are called to love our neighbors “as we love ourselves,” we will:
- Open ourselves to receive God’s love in all its fullness, power, grace, mercy, and forgiveness
- Dedicate ourselves to the transformation of our lives through prayer, study, and service
- Embrace our God-gifted selves by identifying and using our spiritual giftedness
Outward: Because we are called to “love our neighbors” as we love ourselves, we will:
- Commit to a spirit of community, fellowship, and unity with each other
- Create a spirit of grace by loving, trusting, serving, forgiving, encouraging, and praying for one another
- Develop authentic relationships with each other by openly sharing joys, hurts, and challenges
- Connect to people in the community around us to become for them agents of God’s transforming grace in the presence of physical, material, or spiritual needs.